This Leander cot is possibly the most stunning European cot in Australia.
Designed by Stig Leander from Denmark, it is perfect for lovers of design, quality and function. The oval shape with its curved lines appears soft and gentle and the versatility of the design and the 5 different configurations make it great value.
You can transform the cot in tune with your child’s development from infant to approx. 7 years old. Eventually the cot becomes a junior bed without any high ends or other signs of ever having been a cot. Please see the photos in the gallery.
The cot is made from European beech and measures 120x70cm. When extended into the junior bed it measures 150x70cm. It complies fully with Australian Standards. Available in whitewash or white.
INCLUDES: The Leander Cot in your chosen colour only.
Please note: You will need to also order either a COMFORT 7+ or PREMIUM 7+ mattress.
If you wish to convert the cot to a junior bed, please also order the junior kit and the mattress extension piece. Other accessories available too.
This beautiful cot is the flagship product of the Leander range. Its soft, rounded curves give this oval cot its unique look and it is highly sought after by celebrities and interior designers. The quality in unsurpassed and it will stand the test of time, both as a cot and converted into a junior bed.
The Leander Cot is different from any other cot on the market. It has been designed with the child’s perspective in mind, and the result is a stunning looking baby cot which can convert into a junior bed for the older child via stages. With its oval shape and quality materials the Leander Cot takes the tradition of Scandinavian craftsmanship and design to a new level of excellence. It is easy to assemble and use and is safe for your baby.
Stig Leander, the designer, says: “I wanted to create a baby cot as a natural extension to the idea behind the Leander Cradle. It annoys me that babies cots are so traditional, not taking the needs of the children into account. That’s why I wanted to combine practicality of use with simple design. We develop our products with a strong focus on the little one’s need for comfort and an understanding of the world seen from his/her perspective.”
The Leander cot has 5 configurations as per the image above
1. For infants, the cot base is positioned at the high setting as your baby is not yet mobile and does not need the high sides for protection.
2. Once your baby is mobile, the base must be lowered so the high sides can keep him/her safe.
3. As your baby becomes a toddler, the first adaptation takes place: one of the rail sides comes off. The familiar feeling of protection and safety provided by the high sides is maintained but this configuration allows your child to climb in and out by him-/herself.
4. As your child develops further, the other three sides are removed (all together) and the cot is now a small bed without any signs that it was ever a cot.
5. Your child’s continued growth dictates when the transition to the junior bed takes place. The timber extension pieces required and the extension mattress piece are bought separately. You can also add a junior bed guard.
The Leander® bed follow your child. The bed is built to last – in more ways than one. It takes just an Allen key and a couple of screws to change the design and function.
Baby bed: H: 94 cm, W: 70 cm, L: 120 cm
Junior bed: H: 54,4 cm, W: 70 cm, L: 150 cm
Moulded beech wood
Surface treated with water-based lacquer
Withstands up to 100 kg
An original Leander® mattress, ensures optimum comfort and ventilation.